View Full Version : mental health land- off limits??

carter
11-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Any of you know of any loopholes to recreation dredge on mental health? I talked to a supervisor in the anch. office and he would not say no or yes.He said normally we only give permits to commercial mines on mental health. What about detectors or hibankers.I thought mental health land was put to a side for the people!?

Bill Bohan
11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
They will issue you a prospector permit....give that a go

Steve Herschbach
11-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Mental health lands are set aside to generate income for the mental health trust. The land is not set aside to provide recreation opportunities. How are you proposing to offer an income opportunity to the trust?

http://www.mhtrustland.org/index.cfm?section=About&page=About-the-Trust

Steve Herschbach
11-15-2012, 08:54 AM
If I were to approach this issue it would be from the standpoint of being a serious prospector committed to making a real discovery. I would do my research and put in a plan the goal of which would be to locate and develop a discovery into a potential revenue stream for myself and the Mental Health Trust. For a Trustee to consider anything else would be a violation of fiduciary responsibility.

A plan to put a pay-to-mine on Mental Health Land with part of the revenue going to the trust has merit.

carter
11-16-2012, 04:20 AM
I was just curious. Here in Healy there is alot of mental health land in the Healy river drainage and thought maybe someone on here has been able to get a mining claim on this type of land.