View Full Version : new mining possibility

Geo Jim
11-27-2012, 01:24 PM
I was wondering around the Prospecting and Mining Journal's classified ads,http://www.icmj.com/properties.php, where I found this link:
http://www.placerclaims4lease.com/

At this site they are looking for prospectors or miners to work their three claims somewhere. Some of you guys may be interested.
Geo Jim

Jrreyboi
11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Intresting to me the guy didn't mention where these claims are located? Seems as if he'd be able to side-step a lot of e-mail inquiry simply by stating where they are located?

Steve Herschbach
11-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Does not sound like a lease to me. Sounds like someone wanting an employee.

mtn3531
11-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Have to agree with Steve on this one, doesn't list a location, nothing about a lease cost, and lists a bunch of stuff he/she expects of you including hiring and running your own crew. Sounds fishy to me

Jrreyboi
11-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Could be another avenue to take advantage of the "gold fever" that is hitting a lot of folks as a result of reality television, i.e., Gold Rush Alaska?

overtheedge
11-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Not counting the requirement for you to submit everything needed for a background check to some unknown entity with a hotmail email address. Might be an easy way to pull off identity theft. Long ago, I was told that the most dishonest person demands the highest level of honesty from others. Old wives tale? Generality? Utter nonsense? Make your own decisions.

I particularly liked the "make me money and I will share" tidbit.

Oh and the photo is NOT from Alaska: several thousand feet of altitude with birch trees and what appears to be mountain hemlock snags.
eric

geowizard
11-28-2012, 04:52 AM
The owner of the url is public information. Do a "whois" to find out the owner. It's Robert Smith. Who else? :)

- Geowizard

Pork knocker
11-28-2012, 11:21 AM
I once heard from an old timer that the definition of most "gold mines", was a hole in the ground with a liar sitting on top of it! :)