View Full Version : Greetings from Vancouver, BC!

David R
12-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Hello my name is David and I'm posting from rainy Vancouver BC. I had the good fortune of stumbling upon this forum as was really taken by everyone's helpfulness and level of experience, especially that of Steve Herschbach. Steve gave me some good tips on picking out a metal detector a few weeks ago.

Today I took my AT Pro out for it's first spin. It was already shaping up to be a good day after a great morning at the range, and since it wasn't raining hard I figured I would head out to Wreck Beach.

http://thehackery.ca/images/shell/IMG-20121216-00004.jpg

Now I know salt water beaches are not easy, but I really like this beach so I thought I'd give it a go anyhow. I found my first bottle cap pretty fast, and even though it was just a cap, it was still pretty exciting. I thought to myself, "whoa this thing really works!".

First Finds

http://thehackery.ca/images/shell/IMG_2725.JPG

I know I have a lot to learn, and I am going to give it my best to be patient with it. The underlying purpose for this new hobby is to spend more time out doors, so it's not like I have these dreams of finding gold rings everywhere!

Next time out I am going to give a local park a try to see how it differs from the beach. I know already I need a pointer of some kind. I sense it may safe a bit of time!

I look forward to learning. Hope everyone has Happy Holidays!

David

hybanker
12-17-2012, 01:50 PM
hello David and welcome to the forum, hope you find it as informing as I do... and good luck with your new toy

Jim Hemmingway
12-17-2012, 07:31 PM
David... welcome to the forum. I think you'll see that your new detector will serve you well with respect to enjoying the great outdoors. It's a veritable time machine that will take you on many adventures to many different environments. With a little experience your successful recovery of coins, jewelry, and relics will improve significantly... but these are only a bonus to the overall objective of living life to its fullest reasonable potential. Good luck with everything, and please continue to post about your finds and activities. :)

Jim.