View Full Version : Anyone know of a mining company or operation looking to mine a claim

simkiss2001
12-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi does anyone know anyone that is looking to mine a claim this season. I am looking for someone with d9s and d10s and big wash plants ? if so please have them message me .

micropedes1
12-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Just one claim?? No way! No room for further expansion if there is decent gold. Moving costs are prohibitive. How about testing and drill logs? Need more info!

Hi does anyone know anyone that is looking to mine a claim this season. I am looking for someone with d9s and d10s and big wash plants ? if so please have them message me .

geowizard
12-21-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure if this belongs under the thread on "Gold Rush Alaska" or "Getting the cart ahead of the horse". It seems early in the process of mine development to already have an equipment list.

I have developed the Five "M"'s of mining.

1. Mine
2. Machines
3. Manpower
4. Money
5. Management

A sixth "M" is Method.

Of course you must have a mine i.e. a mining property. As outlined in countless prior posts, a mining claim is NOT a mine. Although a mine could be defined as a location where an excavation takes place, the objective usually is to do the mining at a reasonable long term profit. That's where sampling, analysis, economic forecasting, a business model, "feasibility" come into play.

I'm sure Simkiss has already done the math and only needs the machines at this point. :)

There is a good referece for a feasibility study at:

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ak/jrmic/usbm_rpts.Par.33320.File.tmp/OFR_27-88.pdf

The document was written in 1988 and it is understood that certain coefficients for polynomial equations for RGV vs reserves relationships will need adjustment.

Calculations (then) didn't include added cost of risk management and reclamation that are part of the permitting process today.

- Geowizard

outnaboutnak
12-21-2012, 07:44 AM
There was recently an ad on Craigslist for someone with equipment looking for a claim to work. You could check there.

simkiss2001
12-21-2012, 08:32 AM
is that fox mining llc or something ?

overtheedge
12-21-2012, 12:30 PM
There you go simkiss, check out craigslist. Haven't you noticed that the more middlemen ther are, the greater the screw-up? I like the direct approach.
eric

geowizard
12-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I had the opportunity to let a three year lease to a mining company that was already located next to Ophir. They had a D8N, D8K, D5K 200 yard per hour wash plant and a Cat 235 excavator with camp, parts, tools, complete welding shop, etc. They mined dragline tailings and virgin ground. Even with a formal lease, it was day-to-day drama. I have to say that every lease has cost me out-of-pocket two to three times the revenue. When's clean-up? oh - probably next wednesday. Show up on wednesday, "Oh - we did the clean-up two days ago. Didn't get any gold - just enough to pay for fuel."

The leases have expired.

- Geowizard

simkiss2001
12-21-2012, 01:22 PM
hey eric i sent them a message already just waiting for them to reply And geo i am going to be working my claim also so there will be no issues with who ever is working it.

geowizard
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM
simkiss,

That's a good idea.

Are you going to mine the bucketline dredge tailings? I can see tailings that extend across the width of the claim. If it is true, then I would encourage sampling them as much as possible. Bucketlines were known for efficient recovery of gold.

I would add though - the bucket line dredges did screen off "oversize" nuggets!

- Geowizard