View Full Version : reality tv

carter
02-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Watched my 3hrs of gold shows lastnight, Dakota Fred is probably making the most profit. I laughed so hard at the capt. on the wild ranger about the gas jug and the government! I bought my first can like that last summer and they are really a joke!! See how long you can hold a can at a angle to fill a car and you will spill more than a old style can!! My old ones should be worth alot.(cant get them any more)

outnaboutnak
02-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Thats been the best minute all season of that show!!

Steve Herschbach
02-02-2013, 11:48 AM
I was at the gym a few weeks ago walking on the treadmill and up came an episode of Bering Sea Gold on the monitor. So I actually watched an episode. Something about a crew member thinking the boss was stealing gold from him so they are going to fire him and some gal living in a shack on the beach with a guy who has the hots for her and can't stand watching her flirt with guys in the bar so he kicks her out of the shack. 100% soap opera and not a bit of mining. Not my cup of tea.

I have to give Todd and company credit for crafting one of cables most popular shows. He knows where the real gold is at.

AK Nugget
02-03-2013, 01:33 PM
I have to give Todd and company credit for crafting one of cables most popular shows. He knows where the real gold is at.

Steve you should film your dredging operation this summer, sell it to a cable network and have the State of Alaska send ya check for 44% of your costs!!! Courtesy of Johnnie Ellis & the legislature!! :D

Neal

leonard
02-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Now if you want real Nome video, check out my video from 2008. We arrived about 8 July, 2008 and stayed 9 days. The weather sucked and we were camped on the east beach near the Schaumberg dredge.

http://golddredgervideo.com/alaska2008/tentfever.wmv

This is how we spent our days there.

http://golddredgervideo.com/alaska2008/nomebeach.wmv

The weather sucked the whole time we were there. This may be closer to reality than the tv shows. After 9 days of crappy weather, my partner returned to Colorado and I returned to the middle of nowhere near Manley Hot Springs.

http://golddredgervideo.com/alaska2008/2008part3.wmv

This is more reality!

Would I do it again? Probably as it was an experience of a lifetime.

Leonard

Brian Berkhahn
02-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Steve you should film your dredging operation this summer, sell it to a cable network and have the State of Alaska send ya check for 44% of your costs!!! Courtesy of Johnnie Ellis & the legislature!! :D

It would never work cause they want drama.. real miners who know how to mine won't have it. A true mining operation would be very boring to watch. Fred Hurt told me that he was thinking about pulling the plug because Discovery wanted him to add more drama to his airtime.. he told them he was there to mine.

Steve Herschbach
02-03-2013, 07:46 PM
It would never work cause they want drama.. real miners who know how to mine won't have it. A true mining operation would be very boring to watch. Fred Hurt told me that he was thinking about pulling the plug because Discovery wanted him to add more drama to his airtime.. he told them he was there to mine.

Ha! That is what all the stars say at contract renewal time!!

flintgreasewood
02-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I think the next series should be "How to break and attempt to repair heavy equipment"

flintgreasewood
02-03-2013, 08:48 PM
No, make that "How to break and attempt to repair heavy equipment in Alaska"

AK Nugget
02-04-2013, 07:16 AM

I don't know 2 brothers on a claim in the Alaska wilderness for 3 months...gotta be some drama there somewhere!?!?! ;)

Although Steve's about as an easy goin' guy as you'll find.

Neal

Steve Herschbach
02-04-2013, 08:11 AM
I put quite a bit of thought into avoiding drama while mining. Drama = poor planning.

Brian Berkhahn
02-04-2013, 04:54 PM
I put quite a bit of thought into avoiding drama while mining. Drama = poor planning.

Aint that the truth!!!

Just had a guy stop in the shop here and said that he's been working with Discovery filming on a new tv show.. it's called "Alaska Gold Diggers".. I just bit my tongue.

DavidRamey
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Just had a guy stop in the shop here and said that he's been working with Discovery filming on a new tv show.. it's called "Alaska Gold Diggers".. I just bit my tongue.

So they are doing a new tv show about women who will only date and marry slope workers?

Brian Berkhahn
02-04-2013, 08:35 PM
So they are doing a new tv show about women who will only date and marry slope workers?

LOL!!! I wish! Anything to keep the stupid "reality" tv shows away from mining.

Reno Chris
02-04-2013, 11:09 PM
All can say is that these crappy gold oriented TV shows must be making money - Discovery keeps expanding their offerings, Nat Geo has their gold shows, even the sci-fi channel is now into the act with their "Haunted Gold Mine" TV show - combining ghost Hunters and gold mining. I can say that even Tom M.'s hokey but long running show on the outdoor channel is one of that cable channel's highest rated shows. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.