View Full Version : Magnetic black sand around Fairbanks

gungadin
02-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I have a friend that in the next year or so is planning on trying to smelt iron, and make steel. If anyone has a few 5 gal buckets of cleaned out cons laying around, or might now of anyone near fairbanks that might have a bunch it would be appreciated.

gungadin
02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Nobody out there has any?

Steve Herschbach
02-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Most people that keep concentrates want to keep them. Most people who do not don't have any. So be patient in getting any response.

Geo Jim
02-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Once you get all the gold out, most people throw out the black sand. Still there ought to be some one with some. It does not need to be pure magnetite, does it? Pure Fe2O3 might be really tough to come by.
Geo Jim

Got the Bug
02-09-2013, 06:55 AM
I have approx. 6 to 8 5 gal. bucket's of pretty close to pure magnetite that I have to run through crusher & recover some very nice fine gold. I can save after I am done. How do I get it to you gungadin ???

gungadin
02-10-2013, 09:27 AM
I am sure I can have some one pick it up when you are done with it. @ Got the bug if you can PM me your contact information, or just let me know when your done processing it, I can pass the information along.
Really appreciate it.