View Full Version : New Style Sluice Box

ManVSgold
03-11-2013, 09:37 AM
The manVSgold crew has been selected to do testing for Gold Well Sluices this season.They have some very interesting new drop riffle/vortex sluice boxes. They have asked us to do video testing/reviews of their sluice boxes. They are confident enough in their product, to let us take them out to our claims and beat them up on camera, so that our viewers can see the results. We will be starting with the 6x36 inch model and working our way through the various sizes.Stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E7leFVDAOc

Above is the Gold Well 6"x36" Vortex Sluice Box Demonstration.This is the 1st unit, the manVSgold crew we be testing this season.

carter
03-11-2013, 02:52 PM
The results weight was with the paper also.(wasnt zeroed out like at the beginning.) Also what are all the rivots on the edges" Are all the riffles siliconed on the sides or is it all one piece? The nice thing with the Le Trap is it is one piece, no seams to hide gold. I wouldnt care much for a product if it has silicone in the corners. I do like the reasoning for the sluice and a one piece sluice would be very expensive. It will be much stronger than a plastic one for sure. Good luck

ManVSgold
03-12-2013, 06:23 AM
you are 100% correct Carter I noticed that to, with the paper.Ill mention that to him.Im not really sure how it all sits in there together.I Haven't seen the unit in real life and I haven't reviewed it yet.I will let you know more as soon as I find out :)This company has a shop in Anchorage so I will be stopping by to see them soon.

LipCa
03-13-2013, 08:09 PM
I don't know if you (manVSgold) know anythink about the video or not, but what is the point in screening the gold to a #20 screen and a #60 screen? What size gold are we really running? Everything between #20 and #60? There is no gold smaller than #60? Or, larger than #20?

fineswme
03-13-2013, 08:28 PM
I can see making my own vortex riffles with the thick sheet plastic cut and of a series of drill cuts to re-create the vortex design ... Seems simple to me .... One thing I would do different is off-set the holes as you progress further down the sluice... But, I'm a college engineering drop-out ; so what do I know ????

ManVSgold
03-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Ya LipCAa, I dont know much of anything about it.They just offered it to me, to run tests and make a video for everyone to see.I wanted to do reviews of new mining products on my youtube channel anyway and since they are located right in Anchorage it would be very easy for me to pick a sluice up and take out to the mine. From the looks of it, its a great design and idea and it does look like it works well.As soon as I do the review, it will be up for all to see.So soon we will find out what it can and can not do.Wish I knew more but I havent even seen the unit in real life.Just watching the videos like everyone else.

49er Mike
03-14-2013, 03:38 AM
After reading the LONG series of posts from the creator of this sluice on the GPAA Forum, I wouldn't want to associate my name with it no matter how well it performed!

chickenminer
03-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Ya LipCAa, I dont know much of anything about it.They just offered it to me, to run tests and make a video for everyone to see.

Bingo!
Ryan, I like you. Enjoyed your videos. Hope you do real well the coming season.

Ever ask yourself why Gold Well offered a unit to you for testing? You are brand spanking new at this. What basis of comparison can you possibly have in testing this new contraption?

You'll make some nice videos for them though, I'm sure.

ManVSgold
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Hey thanks guys I appreciate the comments and the heads up.As far as doing the review,I was planning on comparing it to the leading seller in their category.Since they have the small cleanup sluice, I would be testing 1st, I was gonna compare it side by side to the gold cube. I dont know.....lots of people are asking me to wash my hands of the whole thing.I dont know these folks at goldwell and iam sure not willing to loose mining buddies over it :(

overtheedge
03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Don't worry about it. Put it through its paces and see what you get.

Just always remember, be critical. Everyone with lots of experience is and will expect the same from you. There is never a problem with being critical as long as you are straight-up in your analysis.

I have an opinion already, but I am open to changing it.
eric

4theluvofgold
03-14-2013, 08:40 PM
I'll be with them and I am no newbie. ManVsGold has the channel. It will be a thorough test as I have done write ups on products before. But the comments on the other forums were a concern to me as well. But we will review this and test it.

fineswme
03-14-2013, 10:48 PM
4theluv , are you going prospecting full-time this summer ??