View Full Version : Plug ups that I dream of...

Jeff
03-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I got a 1/2" hose on my sucker bottle and I'm still gettin' plugups. What should I do? LOL...no sissy mining around here. If u can't pick it up its not worth my time or the wear and tear on my sucker bottle...

AKdredger
03-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Use a bigger hose? Most serious dredgers work with larger hoses :-)

Jeff
03-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Any bigger and it would be the size of the sucker bottle, haha. So I should just use a straight pipe? How about a 2" PVC pipe inserted into a basketball for a sucker bottle to handle all these nuggets in my sluice?

Minermike
03-24-2013, 10:12 PM
I am sure the bear can give you some good advice......

fineswme
03-25-2013, 02:40 AM
This post has left me feeling a little confused ; I'm scared to ask Jeff to elaborate ... I take it your shovel is broken hence the reason you using your snuffer bottle to dig with ????

Maybe this is all just a bad dream with foam Bullets, magic Beans, way too much Beer and no Broads ....

Jeff
03-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Maybe this is all just a bad dream with foam Bullets, magic Beans, way too much Beer and no Broads ....

Now that is funny.....Ok, fineswme, let me clarify that my sluice is on a dredge...so its too small to clean it out with a shovel....and for those that don't get the joke...I was wishing I had a 1/2" nozzle getting plugged with nuggets on my sucker bottle.

flintgreasewood
03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Jeff,
If my memory serves me that bear photo was taken in front of the Boy Scout cabin half way up Greenman Trail above Boulder, CO. and is currently the Yahoogroups photo for Boulder Trail Runners. Are you a member of BTR? Just curious.

fineswme
03-25-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm glad you cleared that up for me :rolleyes:

If you ever have a chance to hold a 16" pan mounded with fines , you might change your mind and want to do a bit of "Sissy" mining ....:cool:

Jeff
03-26-2013, 06:24 AM
Jeff,
If my memory serves me that bear photo was taken in front of the Boy Scout cabin half way up Greenman Trail above Boulder, CO. and is currently the Yahoogroups photo for Boulder Trail Runners. Are you a member of BTR? Just curious.
Nope, I'm a member of Boulder Tossed Rivers, a designation given to waterways after I'm finished working them..but my sister is in Denver and an outdoorsy tree hugger type.

geowizard
03-26-2013, 06:58 AM
So, eventually, you have to "wake up"! Rub the sleep out of your eyes and face something called "reality". :)

Get your hands on a piece of ground. Get some equipment and put your big boy pants on. Instead of a thread on "dreams" how about getting into the issues that are directly related to the "reality" of prospecting and mining gold?

It isn't theater. It isn't dream land.

-Geowizard

Jeff
03-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Of course Geo, I am ready to get my hands on my own gold up there. 2 yrs ago I worked there in remote Platinum but we weren't allowed to even pan. Im tired of the 1-2 gram nuggets I've been getting on the West Coast so I'm coming back on my own time.

Jeff
03-26-2013, 08:38 AM
If you ever have a chance to hold a 16" pan mounded with fines , you might change your mind and want to do a bit of "Sissy" mining ....:cool:
That certainly isn't beneath me if its plentiful and coarse and not fine as sand....or even in a 10" pan.