View Full Version : Gan-So Digger

Got the Bug
03-22-2013, 09:09 AM
In the process of purchasing a Gan-So Digger that I can tow behind 4 wheeler to claim's. Anybody have any experiance with this make or something similar. Like do's and dont's ?????

chickenminer
03-22-2013, 10:09 AM
In the process of purchasing a Gan-So Digger that I can tow behind 4 wheeler to claim's. Anybody have any experiance with this make or something similar. Like do's and dont's ?????

Not that brand, but similar. Impressive little tools, just realise their limitations. Don't expect a
Hitachi 200 performance :). They are quite fast. Careful swinging a full bucket of gravel with the boom/stick fully extended!
They don't have a high lift, a couple people I know got these for feeding a small trommel test plant and were disappointed to find it wouldn't lift high enough to feed the hopper. So if this is your purpose, double check before you haul everything into the field.

Again, not familiar with this brand. I'm sure once you use it awhile you will have plenty of special modifications you want to make. I would suggest you beef up the bucket right away.

Good luck. I'm sure you will have fun with it.

Got the Bug
03-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Thanks Dick, Wasn't thinking about feeding a trommel or highbanker at the time Angus offered this to me at a great price, was thinking less time on bussiness end of shovel. LOL !! Went over spec sheet and that spec " how high it will lift " wasn't on it. But that's just a quick ph. call to find out. Have been looking for one for awhile and this maker seemed to have it down the best, other's just didn't look rigid enough, even though they were cheaper it doesn''t do me any good broke down and working on it instead of processing dirt. Also the maker is now retired and not manufacturing anymore. I have the last one. Only one way to go now and that's BIGGER !!!!! Thanks Again, Have a safe and productive season.

carter
03-26-2013, 07:51 AM
not sure price you are looking at but some of those really small excavators come on line for sale too. Some of them have sold under $5000. Would outperform ganso hands down.

Got the Bug
03-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Needed a really small / some what light machine, for where we are going to use the machine. If certain thing's don't happen we will be lowering the digger by capstan winch. So I am rolling the dice this machine can get thing's started and hopefully then move on up to a bit bigger machine.
Plus I never have had any luck buying used. Sure do appreciate the input. From your post sound's like you have it going on yourself, so you and your gang have a safe and profitable season.

carter
03-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Mr. Buggy,
Sounds exciting, your thinking is what ive been doing. Unfortunitly I am not gonna have much time to dredge or do any test ditches w/ excavator this summer. But my thoughts were small investments and mindset of like a hobby then get a used skidsteer, I think i can do without a small dozer by moving the trommel around. The apma for under 5acres/yr. wasnt bad to get and i had in it a settling pond and a 300ft creek diversion and 5 test ditches.(didnt do any except dredged though)Best of luck this summer and always think safety first!!(there is a reaction for every action you take!!)