View Full Version : Jetcraft 2025 Discovery - WHAT A RIDE!

Nick Olzenak
06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
I had the pleasure of spending the weekend out with the family in beautiful Prince William Sound over memorial weekend. I have plenty of time in the Kingfisher series of boats but until now not much in the smaller 18-22 footers.

We caught tons of shrimp, got totally skunked on fish but the whales, otters, and sunshine made up for the lack of good catching! The best part was that the 2025 Discovery with the 150 ETEC would pop up out of the hole fully loaded with fuel, gear, and 7 people on board and get on step in just barely a boat length! We were passing other boats (not jetcrafts) of similar size and style like they were standing still in the afternoon chop, I could hear the hulls slapping against the water as we cruised right by! I have heard, and given the sales pitch of the Jetcraft hull design for years, NOW I am truly a believer!

Thanks Brian for taking us out and I cant wait to get out again!

Nick Olzenak
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Just back from another weekend on the water in the 2025 Discovery. This time out the weather was even worse than all of our previous trips this summer... Thanks Alaska... I was again thoroughly amazed with how this 20 footer handles rough salt water. With winds 15-20 knotts at times, and waves 2-4 feet this hull performed way beyond my expectations. Though not an ideal boat for big water when you get caught out in it, and you will at some point we had no problem making our destianation both safe, and dry. Most boats of this size dont have a self bailing deck forward of the windshield but this one does, so any water that did come over the bow was quickly drained out the sides.

Still, completely impressed! Thanks Jetcraft!

rrjfish8
07-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Nick, I have the 1925 Adventurer and love it. I have had it in way more then most would beleave and cuts a wave great. You are right the self bailing deck is awsome when the bow gets buried a little to deep in a wave. My boat is on the low side for power but will still jump on step even with 3 guys a dog and limits of rickfish, halibut and silvers Ryan

Nick Olzenak
07-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Ryan that is awesome to hear! Sounds just like how I feel when the waves get bigger than I had hoped, not that the weather ever changes out there! So glad to be in a boat I am not too worried to be in! Keep catching those fish! Ill get out there one of these days.... I hope!

Nick Olzenak
08-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Well now I think we will have to upgrade the 2025 so we can get the new hull design and cool new features! Check out the link below to a great product video on the 2012 2025 Discovery!

http://vimeo.com/27274964