View Full Version : Sept 26th and Snowing!

Steve Herschbach
09-26-2010, 01:13 PM
I thought it might come early this year!

Nick Olzenak
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I myself was just mowing the lawn for the final time when to my surprise... Snow! I even looked it up on NWS web site and further north like Eureka are is looking at a winter weather advisory and snowfall accumulation... yes up to 8 inches!

Bring on the winter and the new Ski Doos!

Reno Chris
09-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Yikes! Snow!

Today's high was 92 in Reno. Still, I was out cutting firewood in preparation for when it does snow here.

Chris

DavidRamey
09-26-2010, 06:06 PM
No snow on the Kenai (Cooper Landing) yet.

Brian Berkhahn
09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Snowed here at Summit Lake today about 1:00 but good thing nothing stuck.

Nick Olzenak
09-26-2010, 07:34 PM
As the cloud cover lifted here north of Anchorage all of the peaks are bright white! Looks like lots of snow fell up high and we never saw temps rise above 45 today. I think its here....

Probably a good thing for you Brian but you know how much I love riding down in that area so I hope it sticks soon! Just think usually by thanksgiving day Turnagain Pass opens with a base on average of 4 feet deep!

Won't be long now!

Brian Berkhahn
09-28-2010, 07:00 PM
No.. not a good thing for me but there's fresh snow on the mountains again today. Rained this afternoon, I'm sure there will be more on the mountains in the morning.

I get a kick out of your new profile picture.. Mr. Sledneck himself at the helm.

Wolverinebait
09-29-2010, 09:17 PM
We had about 8-10" out here in the eastern Copper River Basin,... I've been plowing for the last 2 days, but today it thawed hard, and is supposed to be warm thru the weekend, so it will all probably go away. Temps have been as low as +2, and all the lakes are iced over, so it looks like winter around here!! can't wait to try out my new '11 Tundra 600 ACE ! :)

Nick Olzenak
09-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks Brian I like the photo myself!

Great to hear the snow is flying! Those new Tundra ACE have hit the floor and WOW are they cool! Even I find myself pretty excited at the utility segment this year! Going to be a huge hit!

Brian Berkhahn
10-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey Nick,
Speaking of utility machines do you think Ski Doo will ever bring back the Elan??? Sure was a good sled, wish I never sold mine... I could lift it right into the back of my truck with the topper on. I love the tracks on my 4 wheeler but it's just so heavy.

Nick Olzenak
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Unfortunatley with all of the EPA regulations I just dont think we will ever see it. There is hope though, this new Rotax 600 ACE engine only weighs 14lbs more than the current 550 Fanner. So, maybe just maybe if we get something like that in a one lunger we could be back to those "good ol days"

I can pick my 69 Olympic up and toss it over my shoulder, 18hp just doesnt always cut it for me!