View Full Version : AMDS online store

Jeff in ME
02-11-2010, 01:25 PM
A question for Steve.

In regard to your online store, how long does it usually take to re-stock items listed as, out of stock? This is in regard to items that you ship out of state to the lower 48 states.

Jeff

Steve Herschbach
02-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi Jeff,

Two things I really like about the online store. First, if it is not in stock, you can't buy it. The entire store is refreshed and uploaded daily to reflect current price and inventory levels straight out of our in store computers. The second is fixed shipping prices displayed up front. I hate shopping online with a place only to find at the end the shipping is so high I was wasting my time.

Because we are in Alaska, many items must be bulk ordered. Estwing tools for example, have to be ordered 288 tools at a time, so i generally only get two orders in a year. If I get a run on a certain item right after getting an order, I can be out of stock for up to 6 months. The internet itself contributes to that as we get weird runs on items. It is like somebody emails all their friends and something I should have a 6 month supply of sells out in a week.

Small higher value items that can be mailed I can get back in stock rapidly. So metal detector accessories and such restock quickly.

I'm fairly low on mining items right now but have several truck loads on the way so mining gear will be at high inventory levels soon.

Some stuff, like Ski-Doo snowmobile clothing, only get made once. It is a huge pain in my posterior as hundreds of items need to get put on the website, then taken off when they sell out, then new stuff added again the next season.

Was there a specific item you were curious about? I think I'll have the system generate a "When will you have more" email link on items that are out of stock so they can find out.

Steve Herschbach
02-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi Jeff,

Just got 8 pallets of mining gear in and more on the way. We will have all mining gear in stock soon.

The vast majority of our online sales gets shipped south. Like you say, if you have no store nearby, you have to go online. Orders placed one day or that evening typically get shipped the next day. We get a lot of repeat business so I guess we are doing something right.

Jeff in ME
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi Steve,

I'll check out the site in the morning or later in the day. Thanks.

Jeff

Steve Herschbach
02-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi Jeff,

They are working on it but probably be Monday before it is all online.

nowhoha
05-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Hi Steve,
I ordered the Fisher F75 and the new 15 inch coil online last week.
I'm told that it is now back ordered and they're not sure when they will be back in.
Funny thing is that the money was transferred from PayPal, and they don't seem to be able to see my order in the system even though I have a confirmation email and order number.
Thanks,
Carl

Steve Herschbach
05-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Hi Carl,

I was told about your order yesterday and have an inquiry in regarding arrival time. Should have an answer in a few hours. Everyone was aware of your order so I am not sure what you mean about not being in the system but will follow up when I get to work.

nowhoha
05-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey Steve,

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Thanks,
Carl

Steve Herschbach
05-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi Carl,

Units are off backorder and on way to us, should be here early next week. Thanks for the order!!

nowhoha
05-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for looking into it. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks again,
Carl

nowhoha
05-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Hi Steve,

I received the F75 and it works great. Very simple menu, almost didn't have to read the manual.
The 15 inch coil goes really deep, but yes it's heavy.

Thanks,
Carl