View Full Version : New 2011 sled and motors

Irondog
02-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Check out the BRP youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTIGC8VsC3I&feature=sub

Check out the Freeride sled! A 154 with wide ski stance, remote res race shocks, race seat, RSI 1-1/8" Back country bend bars, five different custom wraps available including a tunnel wrap. This is the sled Nick inspired! It's the perfect sled for Alaska's back country freeriding - built to take the abuse, hard hitting rallying through the rough stuff and big natural hits. And it comes with the 800 e-tec!

Nick Olzenak
02-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Well I cant say if I have or have not been in contact with Ski Doo about these exciting new sleds. I can say that your going to love the 2011 line-up! I know with my background I am extremely excited to see the offerings from Ski Doo for next season! Lots of time, thought, and expertise have gone into some very specific models for next season, so if you have been waiting for the perfect Ski Doo... Your time has come! We will be racking up more ETEC miles tomorrow on our demo day at Trail Lake in Moose Pass, Ak so come on over and ride with AMDS on the all new 800 ETEC!

Stay tuned for more details on the 2011 Ski Doo line up!

Time for us to get some rest for the big day tomorrow!

Irondog
02-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Well I for one am very excited to see the new sleds. It looks as though BRP has been listening to what riders want and has answered our prayers. Those new sleds look like what we've all been modding our sleds to as soon as we get them home. For once I think I might just leave my sled alone and ride it STOCK! Well accept for maybe a hot dogger - gotta have a hot burrito out on the top of the mountain ;)

Nick Olzenak
02-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Well it sure was interesting that info made its way on and off the web, what alot of attention it drew while it could! Won't be long now before the official release of next years stuff! Then we'll get the real story on all of the 2011s! Irondog sure does a good job of analyzing a new model in the 3 seconds it is leaked! Check out these posts that made it to my inbox this afternoon, the ETEC is going to be THE sled of 2011,2012, and beyond! Check these photos for real world dyno #s.

Irondog
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Now that the release is official and the dealers are seeing the new sleds first hand in Florida the news is starting to spread on the internet.

The Freeride is looking better every time I see it, the RS controls on the handle bars and console - thank god, sense when does a mountain rider need to have hand warmer and head light controls at the reach of their thumb??? Non-ported Powder Max track, new a-arms, new Pilot DS skis, KYB Pro 40 shocks, reinforced and modified SC-5MR rear suspension, tapered bars and console mounted controls. The Freeride comes with a white blank canvas color scheme, ready for custom wraps or paint, race seat and 800 e-tec motor.

Check out the video here. http://www.youtube.com/user/brpmedia#p/u/2/nvkmQdn6GDg

Sweat!

Nick Olzenak
02-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Those pics look great, I am here in Orlando, FL for the big launch of the new sleds. The show room was packed last night as people poured in to see all the new rides for next year. There really are exciting new sleds in the line up for everyone! The Freeride of course has to be my personal favorite as for me riding the backcountry in Alaska it is one that we have been pushing to have for a long time. Sitting on this sled the fit and finish is amazing, we all do all of these mods to our sleds anyway, putting in countless hours and spending who knows how much money installing parts. No matter how much time I put in even I never get them as clean as this cockpit is, minimal is key here and very functional. The sled feels perfect as you climb on the seat and sit down or stand up. Up close and personal the graphics packs are so killer! Simple white, or vibrant expressive wraps what a great look for anyone. I have to add that the white tunnel, and specially coated rails this year all through the line is sick! Even the Tundra "Extreme" gets an all black tunnel with the 600 ETEC! So cool!

Stay tuned for more, and thanks Irondog for keeping me on my toes! The new sled should be ready to ride shortly, (you know what I mean):cool: