+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ITs Chiily time again

auminesweeper

Hey Edy, I checked out that Video and I did'nt expect Steve to go under water, and when I saw the Ice on the cabin I thought OH DEAR, that is a tough way to earn a Dollar thats for sure.

Steve that is a lot of gear to carry in, let alone build a cabin, how far was your truck from there??
    truely impressive from any perspective thanks Steve

And thanks to you Edy for the Link

John

Detector Prospector Steve Herschbach's Avatar

My truck was parked next to the cabin and I did not build it. The dredge though got packed into that canyon and back out on my back.

auminesweeper

It looks like all I had pictured it, except the bit about getting in the water,

Steve you must of had heating in the cabin, but what sleeping bags did you use, and what was life like in the cabin,

thanks again John

hybanker

You are welcome John...bet that coffee felt good in your hands while watching...Edy

auminesweeper

Edy I'm on my third cup and I could do with a refill, Edy have you ever been out there prospecting/Dredging in the cold like that, at first I thought surely he going to a mine but no that was just pure hard core propecting in the true spirit of days gone buy

thanks for the tip about the coffee, I would'nt of survived without it,

Blessins John

hybanker

hey john tried it back in the early 80's and found it was a little on the rough side...have been up here since 74 and have found warmer ways to mine in the winter...mostly with a warm cup of coffee in hand , what type of operation do you have going? How many months out of the year do you operate? Edy

Detector Prospector Steve Herschbach's Avatar

The guy who shot the video was supposed to be with me using his own dredge for the expedition. We had firewood laid in for a barrel stove in the cabin. The snow and cold hit early and he pulled out. I decided dealing with the cold in the morning and night would take about as much time as just commuting from Anchorage every day. Warm shower and bed every night versus camping out alone.

auminesweeper

Edy, The Last time i went out detecting over here I found a coin that was a long way from Home and I know you guys would love to find it, Because it is a 1888 Morgan in near perfect condition,

But because of life and its curve balls and also I cant go out detecting at pressent because my Heart is 93 to 95% sure its had enough, and they are the docs figures not mine, I am still doing what ever I want

I tried panning over here but not much luck there I did find some 18ct rings last year which I posted on here somewhere,

now I just want to get over to AK and chase a few rainbows

Blessin's John

Steve, I know what you meen, I hate being left in the lurch like that, when we ( the family ) went and bought a big 360 excavator in OZ chaseing Aluvial gold way out west, because the Pub needed them more than we did, Or some weak excuse,
    happy times but tough

John
    Last edited by auminesweeper; 11-24-2012 at 12:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread